I’ve been honored with not one but TWO nominations for the Honest Scrap Award. I adore the two bloggers who sent me this award. Both are just real people, writing about their passion and supporting others doing the same. I read both of their blogs every week. Period. I recommend you give them a shot yourself:
BBQ’ing Tips Straight from the Heart of Oregon
Thom claims to be the oldest food blogger. I hope I get as cool as him when I am his age. Plus, dude makes OMELETTES from his marinara sauce. Oh, yah, he does. Ask him about it.
Devaki just lays it all out there in her blog. She doesn’t leave anything behind. She’s the real deal. Refreshing.
I think its a fun tradition and a great way to show some blogger respect. But, as with many honors, it comes with conditions:
a) I must brag about it.
b) Display the badge on my blog and link to the one who tagged me to prove that I didn’t tag myself (how pathetic that would be!)
c) Share 10 things about myself.
d) Pass the award to other fellow bloggers by visiting their site.
Here are 10 things you may or may not want to know about me
10) Every time I sit down to write, I am scared.
9) I love a really nasty, dirty joke.
8) Although I have a Mac, I still haven’t totally imbibed the Apple Juice. I know. I am the only one on the planet.
7) Rudy (aka Foodie Rudy), my Jack Russell Terrier is 14. I’ve known him longer than my husband (Jeff). ALOT longer, but I’ll keep him too.
6) I still have an occasional cry because I miss my Dad who passed 7 years ago.
5) One of my other passions is my nieces and nephews. Whenever they hug me, I turn to mashed potatoes, with butter.
4) I wish that I was better traveled.
3) When we moved, I pared down my shoe collection to a paltry 70 pairs.
2) I have no idea what color my hair really is. I haven’t seen the natural color in over 15 years.
1) I love that I am continually amazed by the kindness of people.